DOCTOR DISCUSSION GUIDE
Talking to your doctor about painful bone mets and Strontium89
If painful bone mets are getting in the way of your daily life, talk to your cancer care team about Strontium89. The questions included here can help you communicate the severity of your bone pain, how it interferes with daily living, and your goals for treatment.
With this information, you and your doctor can decide on whether a pain treatment plan including Strontium89 is best for you. Please complete the questions below, print, and share your answers at your next doctor’s appointment.
Answer the following questions to explain how bone pain affects you to your doctor
2. How would you describe your pain level on a typical day?
3. How does your pain affect your mobility (walking, moving around)?
4. How does your pain affect your ability to perform household duties or work?
5. How does your pain affect your relationships with friends and family?
6. Are your current pain management or treatments sufficiently addressing your pain?
Help identify if Strontium89 is right for you
1. Are you over 18 years of age?__________
2. Do you have several painful bone metastases or are your bone metastases in multiple
3. Is your white blood count 2,400 or above? __________
4. Is your platelet count 60,000 or above? __________
When speaking with your doctor, ask the following questions to better understand how Strontium89 may help you:
2. Will I be able to reduce my use of opioids?
3. What are the potential side effects with Strontium89?
4. Can I take Strontium89 with my current treatment(s)?
Print this page out and discuss your answers with your cancer care team.